Luker Bros. has always held every respect for the personal details of their customers and this, plus any associated documentation, has always been handled confidentially and securely. Every member of staff is conscious that they must respect and honour the trust that their customers have so that all their details and documents are secure.
At all times we will:
- Keep your personal information safe and private
- Not sell your personal information
- Only pass your personal information to trusted bodies that we know with your consent
You and your personal information is protected by law and this can only be used by us to carry out any activity we have been contracted to do. To fulfil the contract we may have to share some personal information with third parties.
Initially, we would use your personal information to carry out a removal/storage/shredding cost assessment or survey with a view to preparing a quotation for you and to fulfil a contract with you when you have given your consent and provide customer feedback once the contract has been completed.
We may use personal information obtained from third parties such as organisation, firms or companies that introduce us to you, agents working on our behalf or agents acting on your behalf.
The information we need to fulfil a contract is essentially the following:
- Email address
- Telephone and contact numbers
- Payment details
- Relevant Documentation
If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy, we cannot accept your booking or provide you with services, as the processing of your personal information is essential in providing you with a quotation and carrying out the services you have requested.
This personal information will then be used for the following:
- To arrange a personal survey
- Prepare a Quotation for the work discussed in the survey
- To carry out our contractual obligations to you and provide any tips or guidance to help you with your removal/shipping/storage or shredding
- To instruct a third party supplier or sub-contractor – insurer, sub-contractor, shipping line, Airline or agent to assist us in the provision of the services.
- For accounting, billing and audit
- For all payment card verification and collecting payment/arranging refunds
- To prepare all associated relevant import and export documentation for arranging Insurance and general administration
- To communicate with you regarding the services covered in the Quotation/Contract and notifying you of any changes if necessary.
- To check and verify your identity when you use our services. In the case of an insurance claim to communicate with your insurer and their appointed claims handling agent or loss adjuster and for managing any claims, complaints or disputes to assist in the settling of a complaint/claim which may involve an appointed alternative arbitrator.
- For monitoring and reviewing our products and services with the intention of making Improvements.
- To analyse the usage of our website, viewing patterns and advertising.
We may share some personal information to a member of Luker Bros. (Removals and Storage) Ltd for business purposes only when fulfilling the contract.
Essential Transfer of Information to organisations/companies that are based outside the EEA
Some third parties who we pass personal information to, maybe based outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Organisations that are based outside the EEA may be subject to local or national data protection regimes which may not have the same level of controls in regard to data protection as currently exist with the United Kingdom or the EEA.
We will only send your personal information outside the EEA in order to:
- Follow your instructions and fulfil our Contract
- Comply with a legal duty
- Work with our agents and third parties who provide business and administrative support functions and assist in carrying out our services
From time to time we may be required to disclose certain personal information to local or national government bodies or authorities responsible for crime prevention, immigration, customs, border control, security and anti-terrorism. Although it may not be mandatory to provide such information to these authorities we may do so in circumstances where we consider it appropriate to comply with their request.
Keeping personal information accurate
We will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as reasonably possible but we rely on you to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal information. This can be longer than seven years (the Retention Period) from the date when you cease to be a customer of ours.
We may keep your personal information longer than seven years if we cannot delete it for legal regulatory or technical reasons.
We would keep your personal information for the following reasons:
- To respond to claims or complaints
- To show we have treated you fairly
- To maintain our business records
- Where we are required to do under a contract.
Fraud prevention and detection of crime
In order to detect fraud, we or insurers may at any time share information about you with law enforcement bodies including but not limited to the police. They in turn may access and use the information we have passed to them.
You have the right to enquire what personal information we hold for you and your request should be made in writing to: Customer Service, Luker Bros. (Removals and Storage) Ltd., 17a Shelley Close, Headington, Oxford OX3 8HB. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request will be handled within a reasonable time and it is important that you specify the information you require. There will be an administration charge.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request that we rectify personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete. In the first instance contact your Move Manager in writing specifying the inaccurate or incomplete personal information. Provide your Move Manager with the correct personal information and ask them to rectify it. If you are not satisfied you should put your complaint in writing to:
Customer Service, Luker Bros. (Removals and Storage) Ltd., 17a Shelley Close, Headington, Oxford OX3 8HB. Email: email@example.com
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You have a right to have personal information erased and to prevent further processing in the following circumstances:
- Where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which It was originally collected or processed.
- When you withdraw your consent for your personal information to be processed.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no legitimate interest for the personal information to be processed.
- Personal information has unlawfully been processed.
- Personal information musts be erased on the order of the courts.
We may refuse to comply with your request for erasure if we are required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation or if the personal information will be required for the purposes of resolving a claim, complaint or in the defence of a claim or complaint.
Website security and privacy
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Contact and Communication
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Medial Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Data held on Servers and Computers
All Company computers and laptops/ tablets have secure passwords personal to the authourised user therefore data is only accessed by the relevant person. When not is use laptops/tablets are held securely in the Oxford office.
Data held on servers is securely protected at rest and in transit and with adequate firewall protection and intrusive detection systems.